Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Eclipsed

The eclipse was quite a phenomenon on Aug. 22, 2017. I was either driving, at the hospital visiting, or in a store when the moon covered the sun. I also didn't have the safety glasses so I have only seen pics on the news or the NASA tv station. Kinda cool but I was more amazed at how people made such a big deal out of it.

Everywhere people went outside to look. The hallway at the hospital was empty as many of the medical folks were at windows or went outside to take a glance. Young employees at one of the big box stores were standing outside passing their glasses back and forth. People at the grocery store did the same thing. I guess checkouts were longer for a few minutes.

I never even looked. Maybe that was because I didn't have the glasses. Maybe because we had made a pinhole box at school as a kid to watch an eclipse and I didn't this time. Maybe it was because I'm old and have been through a few eclipses. But I was amazed at the news coverage and the millions of people who went to the path of  totality to watch. I can't figure out with all the science known and amazing pics available from different websites why so many wanted to go out and see it. In Texas, we see total and partial eclipses every day. The partial eclipses are called shade trees down here. We plant a live oak tree and in 30 or 40 years you have a great sun eclipser. For a total eclipse we go in the house under a roof and viola, the sun is totally eclipsed.

I do know that the sun never had such good press. It seemed to bring folks together in this divided nation. Maybe the Son needs better press. He sure can bring folks together if they turn their faces, their hearts to Him.   Heck, you don't even need special glasses.

In the meantime, try not to let anything come between you and the Son of God. But even if it does, remember, its only a shadow, the Son will break through with His marvelous light.

Keep looking.
Cos

PS In case you missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment